Connect with us

News

Democrats Thumb Their Noses At President Trump’s Effort to Tackle Coronavirus

Published

on

On Tuesday, February 25, 2020, President Donald Trump and economic adviser Larry Kudlow said that the new coronavirus is under control in America. However, disease experts warned Americans to prepare themselves for an outbreak.

The muddled messaging came at a time when the stock market plummeted for a second straight day and elected officials for both parties raised doubts about the efficacy of the $2.5 billion that the White House requested to battle the coronavirus.

While on his visit to New Delhi, India, Trump said “we have very few people with it.” A “lot of talent” and a “lot of brainpower” is being tapped for the coronavirus response, he added.

Trending: SHOCK: Convicted Child Rapist Arrested for Baton Attack at Washington ANTIFA Protest

He declared the situation is “very well under control in our country.”

take our poll - story continues below

RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Similarly, economic adviser Larry Kudlow contended that the stock market’s fall represented a potential buying opportunity for investors. “Our economy is in good shape,” asserted Kudlow. “This virus won’t last forever. We have contained it.”

However, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, who is in charge of dealing with respiratory diseases for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said to reporters that “it’s not so much a question of if this will happen anymore, but rather more a question of exactly when this will happen – and how many people in this country will have severe illness.”

U.S. health officials insist that there’s no confusing message going around. They emphasize that they’ve previously warned about the coronavirus spreading in America.

The messaging has become more urgent as they attempt to educate Americans about the health risks, and about the steps that need to be taken if the virus is not contained.

Health experts want people to start considering different approaches to handling a potential virus outbreak, such as closing schools and telecommuting to work. During the 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic, these steps were taken.

“Part of preparedness is an educated population thinking about the future,” commented Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar.

“The immediate risk to the general American public remains low, but that has the potential to change quickly,” he continued.

On Tuesday morning, senators from both political parties questioned whether the Trump administration’s request for $2.5 billion would be enough.

“If you low-ball something like this, you’ll pay for it later,” Alabama Senator Richard Shelby told Azar. The two had a dialogue during a budget hearing that turned into a discussion about U.S. readiness in the face of the virus outbreak.

Shelby declared that if the virus kept spreading, “it could be an existential threat to a lot of people in this country.”

Azar claimed that about two months after the first warnings about the virus were published, there’s no evidence the virus has spread in the U.S. beyond a few patients infected abroad and a several close relatives. Azar attributed this success to travel controls and mandatory quarantines. He added that government scientists are developing a vaccine to treat the coronavirus.

“We cannot hermetically seal off the United States to a virus and we need to be realistic about that,” the health chief sustained. “We’ll have more cases in the United States, and we’ve been very transparent about that.” If these cases occur, Azar said “we’ll work to mitigate those.”

Democrat Senator Patty Murray of Washington said the administration’s approach to the crisis has been “unacceptable.”

“We cannot afford to plan on the cheap or at the last minute,” she remarked.

“I’m deeply concerned that we are way behind the eight-ball on this,” she continued.

Democrats will likely continue politicizing this outbreak and try to tie Trump into it as much as possible or criticize him for not doing enough.

News

Cheap Labor Lobby and Elitist Universities Praise the Trump Administration for Keeping Visa Loophole for Foreign Students Intact

Published

on

Earlier this month, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) announced that it would not let foreign students stay in the U.S. while universities hold their classes online.

However, ICE reversed course earlier this week when it scrapped the policy.

Harvard’s student newspaper, The Crimson, tweeted, “Breaking: The government has agreed to rescind DHS and ICE rules barring international students attending online universities from staying in the U.S., per a hearing this afternoon in Harvard and MIT’s lawsuit against the agencies.”

 

Due to legal pressure coming from Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and lobbying from the Chamber of Commerce, the Trump administration ended up letting foreign students be able to obtain F-1 visas.

The Chamber of Commerce jumped for joy in a statement they released:

The U.S. Chamber is pleased that the Department of Homeland Security rescinded its ill-conceived policy regarding international students today. Our nation’s educators and our economy are better for it.

John Binder of Breitbart News noted that Libre Initiative, a Koch-funded operation, praised the Trump administration for this move:

Good! This rule would have needlessly restricted legal immigration channels for those eager to contribute by learning, developing, and applying their unique talents here in America all while negatively impacting higher ed institutions. @realDonaldTrump

Binder shined light on several House Republicans who pushed for maintaining this loophole:

Trump’s administration had been lobbied by a handful of House Republicans to reopen the loophole, calling the policy a “blow to our collegiate communities and … international students…” Those Republican lawmakers included Rob Woodall (R-GA), Peter King (R-NY), John Curtis (R-UT), and Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA).

The Breitbart writer broke down some of the big picture implications of these visa programs:

The F-1 student visa program — as well as the Optional Practical Training (OPT) visa program that delivers foreign graduates to businesses at discounted rates — is a cash cow for American colleges and universities.

Every year, nearly one million foreign students who fill seats in undergraduate and graduate programs provide at least $9 billion to U.S. university systems. These foreign students often pay three times as much in tuition and fees as their American counterparts.

 

Unfortunately, the Trump administration is falling asleep at the wheel when dealing with mass migration.

It’s not enough to obsess about illegal immigration.

The various forms of legal migration also threaten American workers and lead to their continued displacement.

Elections are only months away and Trump desperately needs deliverables lest he wants a disappointing result at the ballot box.

 

 

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


Trending