A new petition on Change.org is now calling for the Bachelor to have a Black leading character.
The Bachelor Diversity Campaign started this petition.
In the petition, it noted:
ABC and Warner Bros. have been producing Bachelor content for 18 years. During that time they’ve cast 40 season leads, yet only one Black lead.
For this campaign, the fact that there has been only one Black lead “is unacceptable.”
The Bachelor Diversity Campaign declared that “ABC and Warner Bros. have an opportunity and responsibility to feature Black, Indigenous, People of Color (“BIPOC”) relationships, families, and storylines.”
The initiative sustained that “The franchise, and all those who represent it, should reflect and honor the racial diversity of our country–both in front of and behind the camera.”
The petition called on ABC and Warner Bros. to take the following 13 actions to fight racism:
- Cast a Black bachelor as Season 25 lead.
- Cast BIPOC for at least 35% of contestants each season hereafter.
- Give equitable screen time to BIPOC contestants.
- Actively support BIPOC cast, including providing mental health resources specifically geared to helping them navigate the Bachelor franchise experience as BIPOC.
- Equitably compensate and hire more BIPOC employees in all parts of production, casting, and filming.
- Publicly pledge to vet contestants more thoroughly to ensure those who have promoted prejudice (e.g., ableism, racism, sexism, white supremacy, religious intolerance, homophobia, transphobia) are not cast.
- Hire a BIPOC diversity consultant to be involved in all parts of production, casting, and filming.
- Condemn racist abuse directed towards BIPOC contestants and announce a “zero tolerance” policy towards racism on-air.
- Commit to providing resources to help viewers learn more about BIPOC stories and organizations supporting BIPOC causes.
- Feature BIPOC contestants, including their experiences as BIPOC, on the show as storylines.
- Ensure that indigenous cultures are not exploited and their portrayal does not perpetuate harmful stereotypes.
- Pledge to donate to a cause that will help combat racism.
- Issue a public statement apologizing for enabling systemic racism within the franchise and offer a clear plan for demonstrable anti-racism efforts moving forward.
By signing this petition, the signers agree to hold themselves “to the same standard”. The signers “pledge to commit to anti-racism” in how they “consume and interact with the Bachelor franchise.” In signing this petition, they promise to do five things:
- Show zero tolerance for racism–online, offline, everywhere.
- Support BIPOC contestants by speaking up when I perceive they are being treated unfairly due to their racial identity by ABC, Warner Bros., fellow cast, or viewers.
- Listen thoughtfully to BIPOC contestants about their experiences and their suggestions for how to best support them.
- Appreciate that producers, in part, base their decisions on our feedback and whom we choose to support.
- Recognize that anti-racism is an ongoing effort that requires continuous self-education and action.
Decades of political correctness are begging to take a toll on America.
Now, even the most casual of entertainment is subject to pressure from leftist outrage mobs.
From the standpoint of social cohesion, the U.S. is deteriorating and will need a major exorcism to move forward.
Jon Ossoff’s Endorsement by Giffords Proves He is an Anti-Gun Stooge
Georgia Voters Who Care About the Second Amendment Should Reject Both Democrat Candidates
Now that former Vice President Joe Biden is the presumptive president-elect, conservatives are busy re-grouping.
Although the presidential election appears to be sorted out, electors still have to cast their ballots on December 14. On top of that, there’s still unsettled business in Georgia.
While a 50-50 split by no means guarantees that gun control will be passed at will, this puts Democrats one step closer towards implementing their anti-gun fantasies.
The case for Perdue is pretty simple. He’s a solid immigration patriot and a staunch Second Amendment supporter. He can be counted on to keep the Left in check.
Ossoff is currently endorsed by Giffords, one of the fastest growing civilian disarmament lobbies in America. This organization was founded by former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords and has been increasingly active in promoting anti-Second Amendment politicians over the last few years.
Giffords’ endorsement of Ossoff makes sense. According to Ossoff’s platform, he plans on prohibiting the sales of semiautomatic rifles and “high capacity” magazines. Not to mention, he wants to check off every other item on the gun grabber checkbox by supporting red flag confiscation orders, universal background checks, tighten the so-called “gun show loophole”, and implement licensing for semiautomatic rifles and handguns that millions of Americans already own.
Ossoff’s anti-gun endorsement list is quite diverse. AWR Hawkins of Breitbart News called attention to the fact that “Ossoff is also endorsed by the Mike Bloomberg-founded gun control group, Everytown for Gun Safety. He is also endorsed by Everytown’s subsidiary gun control group, Moms Demand Action.”
When Gabby Giffords’ organization gave Ossoff their endorsement, they were very explicit about the intention behind endorsing Ossoff, revealing that they are “working to unseat an NRA-backed incumbent.”
An Ossoff victory, along with Raphael Warnock winning his race against Kelly Loeffler, would be big victories for Gun Control Inc. The anti-gun lobby is hungry and they’ll need a Senate majority in order to expand federal gun control.
January 5, 2021 is the pivotal date that will determine the balance of the U.S. Senate. Georgia voters have clear choices in Perdue and Loeffler. A vote for Ossoff and Warnock is a green light for Second Amendment infringements.
Deplorables4 days ago
#StopTheTires – American Truckers Halt Shipments Citing Voter Fraud, Elite Disrespect, Joe Biden
Immigration2 days ago
Mike Lee Passes Big Tech H-1B Visa Giveaway in Senate Without Objection
Deep State4 days ago
LOU DOBBS TO TRUMP: You Must ‘Declassify All Information and Documents Related to Obama-gate, and Do It Now’
ANTIFA3 days ago
ANTIFA-Linked Washington Women, Former Democrat Organizer Charged With Terrorist Attack in Train Derailment Plot
Politics4 days ago
USPS May Have Transported Over 250,000 Ballots Across State Lines, Whistleblower Alleges
States2 days ago
Disgusting Detroit Democrat Who Harassed Whistleblowers at Vote Steal Hearing Wants Show Trials for Trump Supporters
Campaign 20203 days ago
Lin Wood: ‘Trump Will Be Sworn In As President’ On January 20th 2021
States3 days ago
SCAM HEARING: Rudy Giuliani Gets Squeezed by Michigan GOP Leaders with Key Whistleblowers Unable to Give Testimony