A new petition on Change.org is now calling for the Bachelor to have a Black leading character.
The Bachelor Diversity Campaign started this petition.
In the petition, it noted:
ABC and Warner Bros. have been producing Bachelor content for 18 years. During that time they’ve cast 40 season leads, yet only one Black lead.
For this campaign, the fact that there has been only one Black lead “is unacceptable.”
The Bachelor Diversity Campaign declared that “ABC and Warner Bros. have an opportunity and responsibility to feature Black, Indigenous, People of Color (“BIPOC”) relationships, families, and storylines.”
The initiative sustained that “The franchise, and all those who represent it, should reflect and honor the racial diversity of our country–both in front of and behind the camera.”
The petition called on ABC and Warner Bros. to take the following 13 actions to fight racism:
- Cast a Black bachelor as Season 25 lead.
- Cast BIPOC for at least 35% of contestants each season hereafter.
- Give equitable screen time to BIPOC contestants.
- Actively support BIPOC cast, including providing mental health resources specifically geared to helping them navigate the Bachelor franchise experience as BIPOC.
- Equitably compensate and hire more BIPOC employees in all parts of production, casting, and filming.
- Publicly pledge to vet contestants more thoroughly to ensure those who have promoted prejudice (e.g., ableism, racism, sexism, white supremacy, religious intolerance, homophobia, transphobia) are not cast.
- Hire a BIPOC diversity consultant to be involved in all parts of production, casting, and filming.
- Condemn racist abuse directed towards BIPOC contestants and announce a “zero tolerance” policy towards racism on-air.
- Commit to providing resources to help viewers learn more about BIPOC stories and organizations supporting BIPOC causes.
- Feature BIPOC contestants, including their experiences as BIPOC, on the show as storylines.
- Ensure that indigenous cultures are not exploited and their portrayal does not perpetuate harmful stereotypes.
- Pledge to donate to a cause that will help combat racism.
- Issue a public statement apologizing for enabling systemic racism within the franchise and offer a clear plan for demonstrable anti-racism efforts moving forward.
By signing this petition, the signers agree to hold themselves “to the same standard”. The signers “pledge to commit to anti-racism” in how they “consume and interact with the Bachelor franchise.” In signing this petition, they promise to do five things:
- Show zero tolerance for racism–online, offline, everywhere.
- Support BIPOC contestants by speaking up when I perceive they are being treated unfairly due to their racial identity by ABC, Warner Bros., fellow cast, or viewers.
- Listen thoughtfully to BIPOC contestants about their experiences and their suggestions for how to best support them.
- Appreciate that producers, in part, base their decisions on our feedback and whom we choose to support.
- Recognize that anti-racism is an ongoing effort that requires continuous self-education and action.
Decades of political correctness are begging to take a toll on America.
Now, even the most casual of entertainment is subject to pressure from leftist outrage mobs.
From the standpoint of social cohesion, the U.S. is deteriorating and will need a major exorcism to move forward.
Southern Baptist Convention Reverses Course on Name Change After BLP Reporting
They say they’re not changing their name.
The Southern Baptist Convention has sought to dispel reporting from Big League Politics on the organization’s planned name change, arguing that the institution isn’t formally changing its name.
To correct multiple inaccurate reports, “We Are Great Commission Baptists” is the 2021 Annual Meeting THEME.
The GCB descriptor was approved in 2012 for churches to use if it would be helpful in their local context.
The Southern Baptist Convention remains our official name.
— SBC Executive Committee (@SBCExecComm) September 17, 2020
But a close look at the American Christian church’s plans relating to its name reveal that it’s played with the idea far more seriously than they’re making it seem.
Reports of a name change first emerged in a Washington Post article published on Tuesday. SBC President JD Greear told the Post that “hundreds of churches” affiliated with the denomination had “committed” to using the phrase “Great Commission Baptist” as an alternative to the denomination’s longtime moniker. The change would come as Greear touts his support of the Black Lives Matter, although he’s been careful in pointing out he doesn’t support any formal organization related to the movement. Greear also is renaming the church he personally pastors with the term.
The SBC’s 2021 convention will also organize under the motto of “We Are Great Commission Baptists.” Sounds a lot like a name change, even if the SBC’s leadership is steadfastly maintaining it isn’t.
The name ‘Great Commission Baptist’ is theologically sound in the Christian religion, but it’s somewhat questionable that the organization’s leader appears to be emphasizing it at a moment in which political correctness is making its entryism into many Christian churches and organizations.
It seems as if the organization’s figurehead is keen to present himself as a liberal-style suburban Evangelical to the Washington Post, but he changed his tune quite quickly when the rank and file membership of Southern Baptist churches learned that he was promoting the idea of a name change.
Violent Left3 days ago
BLM Activist Wearing “Justice for Breonna Taylor” T-Shirt Shoots, Kills Three People in Bar Owned by Louisville Ex-Cop
Campaign 20204 days ago
SLEEPY: Joe Biden Campaign Team Pulls Joe from Daily Activities at 8:35AM, Months Before Election
Deplorables2 days ago
Nebraska Small Business Owner Commits Suicide After Being Railroaded With Manslaughter For Defending His Bar From Criminal Rioters
Violent Left1 day ago
Bezos-Linked Thinktank Official Calls for Michael Anton’s Execution for Exposing Anti-Trump Color Revolution
Videos2 days ago
SPOOKY: Video Footage Appears to Capture ‘Ghosts’ Running Across Gettysburg Battlefield
Campaign 20203 days ago
WATCH: Joe Biden Waves to Absolutely No One As He Disembarks Private Plane in Florida
Congress3 days ago
HUGE: Mitt Romney Spokesman Reveals He’s Not an Automatic ‘No’ On SCOTUS Nominee Confirmation
Big League Guns3 days ago
National Foundation for Gun Rights Pitched in $50K for Kyle Rittenhouse’s Legal Defense