A new petition on Change.org is now calling for the Bachelor to have a Black leading character.
The Bachelor Diversity Campaign started this petition.
In the petition, it noted:
ABC and Warner Bros. have been producing Bachelor content for 18 years. During that time they’ve cast 40 season leads, yet only one Black lead.
For this campaign, the fact that there has been only one Black lead “is unacceptable.”
The Bachelor Diversity Campaign declared that “ABC and Warner Bros. have an opportunity and responsibility to feature Black, Indigenous, People of Color (“BIPOC”) relationships, families, and storylines.”
The initiative sustained that “The franchise, and all those who represent it, should reflect and honor the racial diversity of our country–both in front of and behind the camera.”
The petition called on ABC and Warner Bros. to take the following 13 actions to fight racism:
- Cast a Black bachelor as Season 25 lead.
- Cast BIPOC for at least 35% of contestants each season hereafter.
- Give equitable screen time to BIPOC contestants.
- Actively support BIPOC cast, including providing mental health resources specifically geared to helping them navigate the Bachelor franchise experience as BIPOC.
- Equitably compensate and hire more BIPOC employees in all parts of production, casting, and filming.
- Publicly pledge to vet contestants more thoroughly to ensure those who have promoted prejudice (e.g., ableism, racism, sexism, white supremacy, religious intolerance, homophobia, transphobia) are not cast.
- Hire a BIPOC diversity consultant to be involved in all parts of production, casting, and filming.
- Condemn racist abuse directed towards BIPOC contestants and announce a “zero tolerance” policy towards racism on-air.
- Commit to providing resources to help viewers learn more about BIPOC stories and organizations supporting BIPOC causes.
- Feature BIPOC contestants, including their experiences as BIPOC, on the show as storylines.
- Ensure that indigenous cultures are not exploited and their portrayal does not perpetuate harmful stereotypes.
- Pledge to donate to a cause that will help combat racism.
- Issue a public statement apologizing for enabling systemic racism within the franchise and offer a clear plan for demonstrable anti-racism efforts moving forward.
By signing this petition, the signers agree to hold themselves “to the same standard”. The signers “pledge to commit to anti-racism” in how they “consume and interact with the Bachelor franchise.” In signing this petition, they promise to do five things:
- Show zero tolerance for racism–online, offline, everywhere.
- Support BIPOC contestants by speaking up when I perceive they are being treated unfairly due to their racial identity by ABC, Warner Bros., fellow cast, or viewers.
- Listen thoughtfully to BIPOC contestants about their experiences and their suggestions for how to best support them.
- Appreciate that producers, in part, base their decisions on our feedback and whom we choose to support.
- Recognize that anti-racism is an ongoing effort that requires continuous self-education and action.
Decades of political correctness are begging to take a toll on America.
Now, even the most casual of entertainment is subject to pressure from leftist outrage mobs.
From the standpoint of social cohesion, the U.S. is deteriorating and will need a major exorcism to move forward.
University Student Who Dared Question the LGBT Agenda is Now Facing the Threat of Losing his Scholarship
Defy the LGBT agenda at your own peril.
A Villanova University student claims that her academic advisor is attempting to intimidate her for tweets that criticized the university’s promotion of Pride Month.
Melanie Didioti, a graduate student at Villanova University, criticized the school’s athletic department for its Pride Month tweet on June 22, 2020. The tweet stated, “Love is Love. Happy #PrideMonth – We are proud to be an ally of the LGBTQ+ Community.”
Didioti responded with a tweet: “Villanova is proud to be an ally of the LGBTQ community and ashamed to be Catholic so I’m ashamed to attend here and that’s that.”
She claimed that this tweet resulted in her having a tense meeting with her academic advisor in the theology department, Professor Jennifer Jackson, on June 26.
Initially, Jackson claimed that the meeting was only about the fall 2020 schedule, per emails that The College Fix was able to require.
Instead, Didioti asserted that Jackson took advantage of the meeting to blast her tweets.
Didioti concluded that this interaction was the final “nail in the coffin,” and she now has plans to transfer to the Franciscan University of Steubenville, which is more conservative.
Universities in America have become leftist think tanks that do not promote free speech, nor allow people to hold provocative views.
Most conservatives are probably better off skipping class and learning trades.
Big League Wellness2 days ago
TRUMP WAS RIGHT: Medical Study Proves That Hydroxychloroquine Lowers COVID-19 Death Rate
Tech4 days ago
CONFIRMED: Facebook Used to Organize ANTIFA/Black Lives Matter ‘Protest’ That Resulted in the Shooting of a Motorist
Sex Crime3 days ago
Federal Judge Orders Epstein Victim’s Lawyers to Destroy Court Docs Related to Ghislaine Maxwell
Violent Left4 days ago
SANITY: Black Lives Matter Rioter Charged With Attempted Murder After Opening Fire at Motorist Crossing Roadblock
Snowflakes3 days ago
Harvard Graduate Loses Job After Threatening to Stab Anyone Who Says ‘All Lives Matter’ on TikTok
White House4 days ago
Conservative Leaders Wonder if Jared Kushner is Incompetent or Actively Sabotaging Trump Administration
Tech1 day ago
Twitter Software Engineer Advocates for Kidnapping and Violently Abusing Children of Republicans
Violent Left3 days ago
MUST READ: Journalist Michael Tracey Exposes How Black Lives Matter Terror Has Destroyed Minority Small Businesses in Minneapolis