Is Elise Stefanik America First or is she just posing?
At VDARE, poster Washington Watcher II wrote an interesting take on the new star within the GOP.
Washington Watcher II notes that “Her aggressive questioning of witnesses during last month’s impeachment hearings made her a national figure and a prominent White House ally.” However, he points out that immigration patriots should be skeptical of Stefanik based on her track record. Ultimately, he believes that “apparent loyalty to the president matters far more than America First.”
What this mean is that representatives like Stefanik will try to co-opt Trumpism to advance “their own corrupt ends.”
The poster argued that “Stefanik’s star power relies on the 35-year-old’s youth and sex. Few young women are in the GOP caucus and the party is desperate (foolishly, ask Ann Coulter) to have its own Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.”
However, her voting record tells a different story. Stefanik has a putrid D career rating from NumbersUSA (one of the premier immigration patriot groups) since he she was elected in 2014. In this term, she has a mediocre C rating.
Washington Watcher II highlighted Stefanik’s suspect votes on immigration issues:
- This year, Stefanik co-sponsored the “Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act,” the deceptively-named green card giveaway to India. The bill would scrap country caps and allow the tech industry to hire more foreign workers. Indians would get at least 75 percent of all employment-based visas.
- She voted against Trump’s national emergency declaration that provided essential funding for border security [ICYMI: Putting the Nation First: Stefanik Votes To Block Trump’s National Emergency Declaration, March 4, 2019, Stefanik.House.Gov]. She claimed the vote put “the nation first.”
- In 2018, she campaigned on amnesty for illegal aliens who arrived as minors (DREAMers) and ending family separation, opposed reductions in refugee resettlement and wants Congress to have authority over the matter [Stefanik balked on border bills, by Abraham Kenmore, NNY360, October 4, 2018].
- She co-sponsored an Amnesty bill that would have given a pittance for border security in exchange for a DREAMer amnesty and restrictions on immigration enforcement [Stefanik announces support for compromise immigration bill, June 20, 2018, Stefanik.House.Gov]. Trump’s detention policies, she said, were “appalling.”
- She also backed a Democratic “discharge petition” that would’ve forced the House to vote for Amnesty [Stefanik Signs DACA Discharge Petition, May 9, 2018].
- She wants an expanded guest worker visa program that allows the agriculture industry to employ more foreign labor for a longer period of time [Stefanik backs bill on guest worker visas, Abraham Kenmore, Watertown Daily Times, July 23, 2018].
- She co-sponsored a bill to increase the number of green cards for Afghan refugees.
- She wants to make it easier to cross the U.S-Canada border [Bill to simplify border crossing passes U.S. Congress, by Alexander Panetta, The Canadian Press, December, 10, 2016]. This is a problem because illegal immigration via Canada is increasing.
- She voted against the Republicans’ best compromise on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The plan, proposed by then-Virginia Rep. Bob Goodlatte, would have given legal status to a limited number of DREAMers in exchange for full funding for the wall, elimination of chain migration, mandatory e-verify, and other patriotic immigration reforms. Stefanik preferred a more liberal compromise.
- She criticized Trump’s heroic comments about immigrants from “s***hole” countries as “wrong and contrary to our American ideals” [New York Republicans divided on Trump’s ‘sh*thole’ comments, by Grace Segers, City&State New York, January 12, 2018].
- In 2017, she opposed the travel ban and criticized the border wall as “not realistic.”
Interestingly, Stefanik’s Northeastern New York State district is dominated by agricultural interests. According to her website, agriculture is the district’s “backbone”. Additionally, she wants to increase the scope of the H-2A visa program in order to increase benefits for the dairy industry.
On other issues, Stefanik is anti-America First. According to Washington Watcher II, Stefanik ” strongly supported Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia collusion and indicated Trump was too pro-Russia.”
Indeed, the Republican Party at large is still suspect when it comes to its embrace of America First immigration policies.
For that reason, Trump needs allies in Congress who actually offer substantive policies that advance America First interests.
Stefanik is clearly not one of them based on her voting record.
If immigration patriots want to see their policies through, they will have to thoroughly analyze elected official’s voting records and hold their feet to the fire when they deviate from the America First line.
Action, not fancy rhetoric, is what ultimately matters.
Texas Political Establishment Attempts to Derail Shelley Luther’s Campaign
The special election for Texas’ Senate District 30 is on pace to be one of the most heated races in the Lone Star State.
At a candidate forum on September 18, 2020, Shelley Luther, the Dallas salon owner who was jailed for opening her business in defiance of Governor Greg Abbott’s shutdown order, confronted outgoing State Senator Pat Fallon.
Fallon vacated his seat and is now backing a successor in State Representative Drew Springer.
“We don’t want somebody who’s going to be at odds with our Republican governor,” Fallon said September 18 at the Grayson County Republican Women’s Club.
I didn’t support some of the things that he has done about opening up. … So, he’s made some mistakes. He’s our Republican governor, the 80/20 rule … because you’re not going to get any bills passed unless the governor signs them.
“Let me make something clear. I am accountable to my fellow citizens in Senate District 30. Not our Governor,” Luther responded on September 19 on Facebook:
This is exactly what is wrong with Austin. Our politicians are more loyal to Abbott than us, even when they disagree with him.
I will work with Governor Abbott when he is fighting to protect the liberty of Texans, and I will oppose him when he pushes unilateral dictates that shut down our local businesses.
Fallon and Luther had a tense exchange, which was caught on video.
“You want me to go all in on this race?” Fallon questioned Luther. “I have been 5 percent in on this race. You want me to go all in on it, I’m welcome to.”
“This has become a straight-up fight between Abbott and the ‘Kumbaya’ Professional Political Class vs. the grassroots and people who remember what limited government and principles should look like,” opined conservative activist Mike Openshaw.
“Respectfully, being willing to be jailed for fighting over-reaching government shows principle; that counts for something, Patrick,” Openshaw continued.
Luther has recently received endorsements from conservative Collin County Judge Chris Hill and Young Conservatives of Texas. Springer, on the other hand, received an endorsement from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, which asserted that Luther was going down a “far right” path.
A Republican is expected to carry the senate district, which may still require a runoff if the leading candidate does not get enough votes during the first round of the special election.
Election Day will be on September 29.
Luther is viewed as the truly conservative option and many believe she could help break the political status quo in Austin that has kept conservative legislation from ever being passed.
Big League Wellness3 days ago
CDC Admits There is No Proof COVID-19 is Airborne Virus and They Have Been Misleading the Public All Along
Big League Guns4 days ago
As Black Lives Matter Terrorists Burn Down America, Ben Shapiro Endorses Gun Control
Black Lives Matter3 days ago
Say His Name, Rowan Sweeney: 4-Year-Old White Boy Murdered in Ohio by Black Thug in Targeted Execution
Crime3 days ago
Second Arrest Made in Murder of Five-Year Old North Carolina Child Cannon Hinnant
Big League Guns3 days ago
EXCLUSIVE: Michigan-Based Ammo Producer Who Banned Mask-Wearing ‘Thugs’ From Store and Called Gretchen Whitmer a ‘B*tch’ Speaks Out
Riots3 days ago
SHOCK FOOTAGE: Los Angeles Motorist Is Attacked, Swarmed, and Chased by Massive Mob of BLM Thugs
Culture3 days ago
Left-Wing Scholar Pushes to Censor Social Media Accounts Opposing Child Sex Trafficking by Tying Them to QAnon Movement
ANTIFA3 days ago
Portland ANTIFA Militant Charged With Attempted Murder for Molotov Cocktail Attack on Police Officers – Charges Dropped!