Election officials in the city of Detroit are getting sued by an advocacy group that is claiming the city has violated the National Voter Registration Act by keeping dead people on the voter rolls as well as having multiple registrations for the same individuals.
The lawsuit alleges that the city of Detroit’s failure to comply with federal election law has “undermined the confidence of Detroit’s properly registered voters in the integrity of the voter registration rolls and, accordingly, has undermined the integrity of elections held both within the city of Detroit and across the state of Michigan.”
The suit was filed by the Public Interest Legal Foundation last week in U.S. District Court, with Detroit City Clerk Janice Winfrey and elections director George Azzouz named as the offenders responsible for not properly addressing the problem.
The foundation, which is a non-profit based out of Indiana, has been trying to get the bottom of this issue for years. They first requested records on Oct. 3, 2017, and finally got their hands on the state’s entire voter roll on April 1. They claim discrepancies in Detroit’s voter rolls were just “brushed aside” and no corrections have been made.
“Someone dropped the ball, and they keep dropping it,” said Logan Churchwell, communications and research director for the Public Interest Legal Foundation. “All you need is a little bit of chaos to spread distrust.”
The lawsuit claims that Detroit had only 479,267 voting-age residents in 2016, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey from that year. At the same time, Detroit election data indicated that there were 511,786 registered voters in the city.
Considering the fact that President Donald Trump won the state by less than 11,000 votes over Hillary Clinton in 2016, these alleged discrepancies – whether borne out of incompetence or malice – could presumably have a serious impact on the results of the 2020 election if they are not corrected before November. This lawsuit aims to do just that.
The lawsuit claims the foundation has “identified records listing years of birth indicating registrants of 105 years of age and older, with some records listing dates of birth in the nineteenth century.”
“According to the foundation’s research, the oldest, active registrant in the city of Detroit was purportedly born in 1823, 14 years before Michigan was admitted to the Union as the 26th state,” the lawsuit states.
The foundation also claims their research has found that “a significant number of deceased registrants whose registrations should have been canceled, but remain registered to vote in Detroit,”
According to the court documents, the foundation took a sample of 2,503 voter registrants believed to be deceased and determined that “(65) percent, or 1,629 registrants, have been deceased for more than 10 years. Of those, 898 registrants have been deceased for more than 15 years, 324 registrants have been deceased for more than 20 years, and 13 have been deceased for more than 25 years.”
When the foundation was analyzing voter rolls to find identical or similar names, addresses, and birth dates, they believe they made another startling discovery.
The court filing states that “the foundation’s comparison yielded a list of 2,384 entries that are likely duplicates or triplicates… The defendants have many tools available to conduct list maintenance and, yet, they are failing to reasonably maintain the city of Detroit’s voter rolls.”
The Public Interest Legal Foundation was founded by J. Christian Adams, a former Department of Justice employee who also worked on President Donald Trump’s advisory commission on election integrity. They have filed lawsuits in Florida, Texas and Mississippi as well in an attempt to stop voter fraud heading into 2020, but state and local government officials are not making their work easy.
“This type of lawsuit is very rare,” Churchill said. “There’s just not a whole lot of case law on it.”
In addition to Detroit, the organization claims they found similar errors while analyzing voter rolls in the cities of Flint and Grand Rapids. Michigan may be rife with voter fraud issues heading into next year’s presidential election.
“Moderate” Democrat Senator Joe Manchin Wants Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz Removed From the Senate
So much for moderation and unity…
Conventional wisdom can often be misleading and at times dangerous if we believe in it too strongly.
Take for example West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin. He is constantly marketed as the Democrats’ most moderate Senator. There is a grain of truth to this. Manchin has publicly stated that he opposes ending the filibuster and has also poured cold water on $2,000 stimulus checks. But that’s where the moderation ends.
Manchin is now saying that the Senate should entertain the idea of expelling Senators Josh Hawley (R-MO) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) by using the 14th Amendment over their recent decision to challenge the Electoral College results.
On PBS’s Firing Line, Manchin said the Senate should look into the option after right-wing activists stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021. Manchin is of the opinion that President Donald Trump and Senators like Hawley and Cruz “incited” these demonstrators.
“That should be a consideration,” Manchin stated. “He understands that. Ted’s a very bright individual, and I get along fine with Ted, but what he did was totally outside of the realm of our responsibilities or our privileges.”
According to the 14th Amendment, no elected official “shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.”
Hyped up leftist pundits believe that the 14th amendment is applicable to Cruz and Hawley due to how they allegedly “incited” the riot by talking about electoral fraud and pointing out electoral irregularities.
“I’m totally convinced it was done because of political reasons. This was all politically motivated. This was calculated,” declared Manchin. “I believe that all my colleagues truly made a decision that was politically best for them and expedient for them. It was not what they believed to be true or false.”
Unquestionably, Manchin is an establishment hack through and through. He may have reasonable views on gun policy, in part due to West Virginia’s strong gun culture, but Manchin is still a member of the D.C. swamp. His recent statements demonstrate this. Republican nationalists should relieve him of the burden of holding public office in 2024.
Politics2 days ago
GOP Establishment Threatens President Trump with Impeachment Unless He Denies Election Fraud
Big League National Security2 days ago
DNI Ratcliffe: China Interfered in 2020 Election, CIA Suppressed Info
Politics2 days ago
Constituents Already Beginning to Turn on Peter Meijer, Who Admits That Voting to Impeach Trump May Have Ruined His Political Career
Free Speech2 days ago
Tennessee High School Principal Suspended for Speaking Against Big Tech Censorship
News4 days ago
Fox News Ratings Crater, Trailing CNN and MSNBC for First Time in 21 Years
Politics4 days ago
No Traditional Farewell Ceremony for Donald Trump, Pentagon Confirms
Immigration4 days ago
Biden Will Introduce Amnesty, Citizenship Legislation for 12+ Million Illegal Aliens on Day One
Big League National Security2 days ago
Left-Wing Extremist Charged in Alleged Florida Capitol Attack Identified Soros as “Sponsor”