Iran is repeatedly threatening the United States after Iranian General Qasem Soleimani was taken out with a drone strike outside of a Baghdad airport last week.
Brig. Gen. Esmail Ghaani, who has taken over the Quds Force of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps following Soleimani’s death, vowed retaliation against U.S. forces over the strike.
“Everyone should be patient a little to see the bodies of American soldiers all over the Middle East,” Ghaani said, according to Al Jazeera.
Ghaani had previously served as the deputy commander of the Quds Force since 1997, working at the side of Soleimani. This follows a similar threat from Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, who also promised revenge following the killing of Soleimani.
“Soleimani’s martyr’s death will make Iran more determined in its opposition to US imperialism, and in the protection of Islamic values,” Rouhani said.
“Without a doubt, Iran and other peace-loving countries in the area will take revenge,” he added.
In an even bolder threat, Iranian state TV has reportedly put a bounty of $80 million on the head of President Trump.
“Iran has 80 million inhabitants. Based on the Iranian population, we want to raise $80million (£61million) which is a reward for those who get close to the head of President Trump,” an official state broadcaster said, according to en24.
Iranian MP Abolfazl Aboutorabi is also issuing threats against the U.S. people, vowing that retaliation will happen on American shores. He claims that not even the White House is off limits.
“We can attack the White House itself, we can respond to them on the American soil,” Aboutorabi said, according to the Iranian Labour News Agency.
“We have the power, and God willing we will respond in an appropriate time,” he added.
Aboutorabi believes that the Trump strike was a declaration of war, and that there is no time for negotiation of de-escalation in the aftermath.
“When someone declares war, do you want to respond to the bullets with flowers? They will shoot you in the head,” he said.
President Trump has made it clear that he will not back down regardless of anything the Iranians say or do. He has already prepared the next phase of strikes against the Islamic Republic, which he reserves the right to do when he sees fit.
….hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have…..
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 4, 2020
A war with Iran is now looking like a real possibility, even though President Trump has repeatedly vowed to bring the troops home from the Middle East.
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.