Fast Facts: What you need to know about the Manhattan terror suspect
Today, 29-year-old Sayfullo Saipov deliberately crashed a truck into a school bus in Lower Manhattan, killing at least eight and injuring a dozen more. Here’s what you need to know about the terror suspect:
- According to Business Insider, Saipov is an Uzbek national, who has been legally residing in America since 2010.
- He resided primarily in Tampa, Florida, but also listed an address in Paterson, New Jersey in court documents.
- He does not have an extensive criminal record, but has had run-ins with the police in the form of minor traffic incidents.
- He registered two automotive-related businesses in Ohio in 2011 and 2013, respectively. One of the business was a trucking company with one truck and one driver. According to a friend, he also worked as an Uber driver.
- According to NBC New York, Saipov left a note in the truck claiming to have committed the act for ISIS.
Saipov is currently being treated at an undisclosed hospital for a gunshot wound to the abdomen, suffered when he fled from the scene of the accident on foot and was shot by a police officer.
This story is developing…