Today, 29-year-old Sayfullo Saipov deliberately crashed a truck into a school bus in Lower Manhattan, killing at least eight and injuring a dozen more. Here’s what you need to know about the terror suspect:
- According to Business Insider, Saipov is an Uzbek national, who has been legally residing in America since 2010.
- He resided primarily in Tampa, Florida, but also listed an address in Paterson, New Jersey in court documents.
- He does not have an extensive criminal record, but has had run-ins with the police in the form of minor traffic incidents.
- He registered two automotive-related businesses in Ohio in 2011 and 2013, respectively. One of the business was a trucking company with one truck and one driver. According to a friend, he also worked as an Uber driver.
- According to NBC New York, Saipov left a note in the truck claiming to have committed the act for ISIS.
Saipov is currently being treated at an undisclosed hospital for a gunshot wound to the abdomen, suffered when he fled from the scene of the accident on foot and was shot by a police officer.
This story is developing…
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.