Connect with us

Big League National Security

Hasher Jallal Taheb, Charged With Plotting White House Attack, Planned To Travel To ISIS Territory

Published

on

Hasher Jallal Taheb, the 21-year old man arrested in Georgia for plotting an attack on the White House planned for Thursday, told law enforcement that he was planning to travel to territory controlled by the Islamic State, or ISIS.

Taheb has used the name “Hasher McCloud” in the United States, according to sources and civilian data.

AM 750 WSB reports: 

Trending: Shipments of 20,000+ Fake US Driver’s Licenses From China Intercepted at Chicago Airport

“[U.S. Attorney B.J.] Pak said Taheb intended to use IEDs and an anti-tank rocket to carry out the attacks.

take our poll - story continues below

RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

The criminal complaint, which accuses him of plotting to destroy a government building, said a community member contacted law enforcement in March 2018 to say that Taheb had become radicalized.

On Aug. 25, 2018, Taheb allegedly put his vehicle up for sale. An FBI informant reached out to show interest and met with the suspect days later.

Taheb allegedly said he planned to travel to “hijra,” a term said to refer to Islamic State territory and he was selling the car to fund the trip. But he didn’t have a passport.

He allegedly told the informant he wanted to attack the White House and Statue of Liberty in jihadist attacks.”

Big League National Security

President Trump Announces Planned Ban on Chinese-Owned TikTok App

The app has serious spying concerns.

Published

on

President Donald Trump announced that he’s preparing to ban the video app TikTok on national security grounds on Friday, citing the concerns over the Chinese app’s connections to Chinese government security, and the potential use of the nominally innocent app to surveil American citizens.

The President had made the announcement on an Air Force One flight to the press pool, later confirming that the media could report on the policy move on the record.

As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” said the President bluntly.

TikTok is a viral video app marketed to teenagers and young adults that allows users to create short and edited videos. It’s frequently used for memes, pranks, and simple political content. It’s owned by Chinese company ByteDance, which is obligated to cooperate with Chinese intelligence services under the laws of China.

take our poll - story continues below

RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • RIOTS: Who do you blame for the violence on America's streets?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Big League Politics updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had previously spoken of security concerns involving the Chinese app. Microsoft had recently offered to purchase the app from its parent company, but the surveillance and security surrounding it appear to have shelved such a possibility for now.

There are genuine surveillance and data-mining concerns with TikTok, but it’s also probably worth considering that banning the app will allow neoliberal tech monopolies such as Facebook and Apple to share up an even larger share of the demand for platforms designed for similar content.

Continue Reading
It's time to name Antifa a terror org! Sign your petition now!


No articles were found at this time.

Trending