Hillary Clinton Brokered Deals For Russian Lawyers in The U.S. (PHOTO)
Hillary Clinton met with a Russian lawyer who leads an organization dedicated to fostering business relationships between Russian attorneys and lawyers in other countries including the United States.
The Clinton Foundation sponsored a “Millenium Network” event in San Francisco, where Hillary and daughter Chelsea were photographed with Ekaterina Safonova, director of CECJ.
What is CECJ?
CECJ in New York holds an annual International Networking Congress for Lawyers, which states as its mission the following:
- “The establishment of contacts with American, Russian and other lawyers who are interested in international collaboration
- To offer services of American, Russian and other foreign lawyers for the representation of their clients’ interests in your country
- Find a trustworthy partner in the USA, whom you can refer to in order to solve your clients’ queries
- Be part of the unique Directory of foreign lawyers, which will be distributed amongst more than 200 companies in New York, who are interested in international collaboration”
CECJ offers a speed-networking program to foster relationships between American and Russian lawyers, described on its site as such:
“If you are an American Lawyer:
- Interested in widening your network with colleagues from Russia and Countries within the EU
- Have a professional interest with Russia and the EU
- Desire to represent the interests of Russian and European clients in the USA
We cordially invite you to participate in the meeting between Russian and European lawyers, organised in a Speed Networking format.”
CECJ has promoted Safonova’s meeting with Clinton, with one directory stating: Positive results of the CECJ’s operation are confirmed by the fruitful cooperation with dozens of important organizations, awards, accreditations of our national projects in EU and Russia and invitations to many international events (such as the Millennium Network in San Francisco by the Clinton Foundation, in the presence of Hillary Clinton, former US Secretary of State and current candidate for the Democratic Party primary nomination for President of the United States).