Please disable your Ad Blocker to better interact with this website.

Connect with us

White House

Melania Trump Banned From Toby Keith Concert in Saudi Arabia

Published

on

As Donald Trump and the First Lady get ready to visit Saudi Arabia, where the president is expected to announce an arms deal valued at $100 million or more, the nation has planned “male only” entertainment that Melania will not be allowed to attend — including a Toby Keith concert.

Toby Keith, who played during the celebration prior to Trump’s inauguration in DC, will be performing in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. The concert will be free and open to the public — as long as you have a penis. No women will be allowed to attend the event. Popular Saudi lute player Rabeh Sager will also perform.

Many of Keith’s songs, such as  “Whiskey Girl,” “Beer For My Horses” and “I Love This Bar,” are inspired by alcohol — which is also banned in the Muslim nation. It is unclear if he will still perform the classic hits.

While she won’t be allowed to enjoy some country music, Melania Trump will at least not be required to don the strict Muslim attire — including head coverings — that is typically expected of visitors.

Trending: Conservative Teen Activist CJ Pearson Challenges David Hogg To A 1-On-1 Basketball Game

As we previously reported, German Chancellor Angela Merkel did not wear a veil on her recent visit to Riyadh, but her hair was censored on the nation’s news.

Ironically, Saudi Arabia is the newest addition to the United Nation’s Women’s Rights Commission.

Saudi Arabia’s addition to the commission, which is “exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women,” has been mocked globally. Even the far-left Washington Post referred to it as a “bit of a slap in the face for women’s rights.”

During the two day trip, Trump “will meet and have lunch with leaders of more than 50 Muslim countries, where he will deliver an inspiring yet direct speech on the need to confront radical ideology and his hopes for a peaceful vision of Islam to dominate across the world,” US national security advisor H R McMaster told reporters earlier this week. He added that the trip is “intended to demonstrate America’s commitment to our Muslim partners.”

On Saturday evening, the first lady will join the president for dinner with members of the Saudi royal family.

Saudi Arabia has long been considered one of the worst nations for women’s rights — and is continuing to decline. In 2016, the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report ranked Saudi Arabia 141 out of 144 countries for gender equality. In the previous year’s findings they were ranked at 134.

Under the nation’s sharia law, men are permitted to marry as many as four women at a time, and the figure includes marrying children, as there is no minimum age for marriage. Impoverished parents still marry off daughters for money.

Women in Saudi Arabia are not allowed to drive and must have a male guardian give them permission before they can conduct any business or receive certain medical treatments.

Cassandra Fairbanks is a senior reporter at Big League Politics and a DC-based writer and populist political commentator who has been published in a range of outlets including Sputnik News, Teen Vogue, and the International Business Times.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

White House

Trump Says See Ya To The UN Human Rights Council, Announces U.S. Withdrawal

We’re NOT Tired Of Winning!

Published

on

The United Nations Human Rights Council doesn’t deserve their namesake with countries like Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, and Cuba having representatives on the council. Now President Donald Trump’s Administration has made it clear that they don’t deserve to have the United States as representatives in a Tuesday decision to withdraw the U.S.’s membership.

The announcement was made by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley and wasn’t all that surprising. The United States has feuded with the U.N.’s Human Rights Council since the President first took office.

Conflicts between the U.S. and the U.N. Human Rights Council flared up most notably in recent weeks after the 47-member body voted to condemn Israel. The Human Rights Council considers Israel the world’s number one human rights abuser, while continually taking the side of Palestine in the border dispute between the two countries.

While the council’s treatment of Israel was the stated reason for the withdrawal, the U.N. Human Rights Council has long been a thorn in the side of many tenants of Donald Trump’s agenda.

For many years, the U.N. Human Rights Council has fought to make abortion a human right. Many members of the council are also extremely opposed to President Trump’s strict anti-illegal immigration stance. Just a day before the decision to withdraw from membership in the council, the U.N.’s human rights chief blasted Trump for his work to enforce federal immigration law in the United States.

During Monday’s meeting session Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein told the body that  “in the United States, I am deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions.”

The Trump Administration’s decision to withdraw from the U.N. Human Rights Council is yet another accomplishment for anyone who believes in his “America First” message. Perhaps his next step could be leaving the United Nations all together.

Continue Reading

Politics

White House Placed on Lockdown After Grounds Breached

Published

on

A man who breached the lawn of the grounds of the White House has been taken into custody, according to the Secret Service.

“An individual climbed over a security barrier on the south side of the White House Complex between the Ellipse and E Street,” the group said in a tweet. “The individual dropped a backpack and was immediately taken into custody on E Street by Secret Service Uniformed Division Officers.”

The White House was placed on lockdown while authorities work to identify the contents of the backpack.

This story is developing.

 

Continue Reading

Politics

Prince Harry is a Trump Fan

Published

on

In another huge loss for American liberals, the only people on earth who still care about the British Royal Family, it turns out that Prince Harry is a fan of President Donald J. Trump.

Thomas Markle, father of Prince Harry’s bride Meghan Markle, revealed on “Good Morning Britain” that the Prince asked him to “give Donald Trump a chance.”

WATCH:

“I sort of disagreed with that, but I still like Harry, that’s his politics, I had my politics,” said Markle.

Markle’s father is a staunch anti-Trumper who said that he “has to apologize to the rest of the world for his president,” during the interview.

“I think Trump’s had his chance 100 times now,” Markle said. “Time’s up. I think the time’s up for Trump”

An amused Piers Morgan, Trump supporter and host of the show, grinned at Markle’s remarks. Morgan continued on to inquire about Markle’s conversations with Prince Harry regarding Brexit, UK’s 2016 vote to leave the European Union.

“This is just a conversation between two guys about politics,” Markle said. “Nothing cast in stone. Just the way you talk.”

Continue Reading

Latest Articles

Our Privacy Policy has been updated to support the latest regulations.Click to learn more.×

Send this to a friend