Mac Slavo at SHTFplan.com wrote an article about social media companies colluding with the WHO to censor information online.
They are ostensibly in a partnership to fight “misinformation” about the Wuhan flu.
Slavo sees the ultimate endgame of this joint venture:
“Only the official narrative from those in the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will soon be allowed on social media.”
The popular social media app TikTok announced last week its effort to cooperate with the WHO to spread “veritable” information on the Wuhan Flu or COVID-19 and also promote best public health practices.
Last week, the social media app TikTok, popular with youths and young adults, announced it would be partnering with the WHO in an effort to spread veritable information on the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, in addition to best public health practices.
“COVID-19 outbreak has seen a massive ‘infodemic’—an over-abundance of information—some accurate and some not—that makes it hard for people to find trustworthy sources and reliable guidance when they need it,” TikTok informed ABC News.
Therefore, WHO is working with various social media platforms, including TikTok, to help us reach the right audience (the right community, the right age group, etc.), as well as to detect the spread of misinformation on the new coronavirus. We understand that different platforms might have their specific audience, hence important to make trustworthy information available where people are looking for it.
As Slavo sees it:
….WHO is asking TikTok to make sure their narrative infects the minds of the young adult and youth audience they are said to attract. Only the information from the WHO will be deemed relevant to this outbreak. The censorship surrounding this virus is ongoing, but it’s becoming obvious authorities are continuing to have problems completing the totalitarian squashing free speech.
The Chinese government is already censoring what gets out about the Wuhan virus.
Now, social media titans in the U.S. think they know what’s best for Americans and want to make sure they receive the “right” information.
Based on social media’s track record, we can only assume that they will be allowing certain establishment narratives.
Regardless of the mechanisms that countries like China and the U.S. use to control information, the goal is still the same — suppressing free speech.
Bypass Tech Censorship!
Facebook, Twitter and Google are actively restricting conservative content through biased algorithms. Silicon Valley doesn't want you to read our articles. Bypass the censorship, sign up for our newsletter now!
Greg Abbott Signs Executive Order Keeping Violent Criminals from Going Back on the Streets During the Wuhan Crisis
After the Wuhan Virus was confirmed in several Texas jails in the last week, Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order on March 29, 2020 that makes it more difficult for several inmates to be let out on “no-cost, personal recognizance bonds.”
Abbott tweeted, “Today I issued an Executive Order preventing [email protected] of dangerous criminals from prisons & jails. We want to prevent the spread of #COVID19 among prison staff & inmates. But, releasing dangerous criminals in the streets is not the solution. #txlege #coronavirus”
Today I issued an Executive Order preventing [email protected] of dangerous criminals from prisons & jails.
— Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) March 30, 2020
Several cases of the Wuhan Virus were discovered in the Dallas County Jail and Harris County Jail last week, two of the state’s largest jails. In addition, a handful of cases were confirmed in state prisons. According to NBC DFW, the virus’ outbreak was “followed by demands to reduce the inmate populations by releasing, immediately and without bond or judicial delay, those held on misdemeanor crimes or awaiting trial on misdemeanor crimes. Some also called for non-violent felons to also be released on no-cost bonds.”
Abbott said Sunday that “releasing dangerous criminals makes the state even less safe” and issued a proclamation to prevent judges, and others, from releasing some inmates without a paid, cash bond.
In his executive order, Abbott declared that a person convicted of a crime that involved or threatened physical violence, or a person arrested for such a crime backed by probable cause, or a person with a criminal history of violent crime, cannot get out of jail on a no-cost personal recognizance bond.
With a PR bond, a defendant is released without having to post any money for his or her bond on the promise they’ll show up to their next court date.
Instead of virtue signaling and buying into the criminal justice reform movement’s desire to foment anarcho-tyranny, Abbott has held his ground by promoting public order.
A crisis like the Wuhan Virus pandemic does not need to be exacerbated by opening up the prison floodgates.
This is one case where American policymakers should use logic not emotion to craft prison policies in times of a pandemic.
Failure to do so will put the U.S. on the road to institutional failure.
Trending on BLP
Big League Wellness3 days ago
VIDEO: Chinese Factory Worker Caught Contaminating Hundreds of Medical Face Masks
Tech4 days ago
National Center For Sexual Exploitation: Snapchat and Teen Vogue are Telling Kids to Make Child Porn!
Politics3 days ago
Hospital Exec Who Called for Trump Supporters with Coronavirus to ‘Give Up Their Ventilators’ and Die is Fired
Big League Wellness2 days ago
Yale Disease Historian: Coronavirus a “Disease of Globalization”
Campaign 20204 days ago
Tucker Carlson Predicts Joe Biden Will Be Replaced By Andrew Cuomo Before Election Day
Big League Wellness3 days ago
Pharma Insider: ‘First Data From Clinical Studies’ Indicates ‘Hydroxychloroquine Kills the Coronavirus’
News3 days ago
Reporter Calls America a S***hole for Leading the World in Wuhan Virus Cases
Big League Guns3 days ago
Trump Designates Gun Retailers and Manufacturers as Essential Businesses