Federal Judge Dismisses Suit Alleging Collusion Between Trump, Stone, Wikileaks and Russians
A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit that claimed President Donald J. Trump and associate Roger Stone colluded with Wikileaks and the Russian government in order to publish hacked Democratic National Committee emails during the 2016 election campaign.
“U.S. District Court Judge Ellen Huvelle said in a ruling Tuesday evening that the suit’s efforts to tie the Trump campaign and Stone’s alleged actions to the nation’s capital were too flimsy for the case to proceed in a Washington, D.C., court,” says a Politico report.
Huvelle, appointed by President William J. Clinton, noted that Trump and Stone’s activities “did not involve acts taken in furtherance of the conspiracies to disseminate emails that harmed plaintiffs.”
The suit was filed last year by two DNC donors, Roy Cockrum and Eric Schoenberg and a former DNC staffer. They alleged that Trump and Stone had acted illegally with Wikileaks to publish damning emails obtained from DNC servers.
With the bogus “Russian collusion” narrative off the table, the question remains: how did Wikileaks obtain the emails?
Many, including pulitzer-prize winning investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, have theorized that the source of the emails was disgruntled DNC staffer Seth Rich. Founder of Wikileaks Julian Assange has hinted that Rich was the source, but is obligated to remain silent. Rich was reportedly upset that the DNC had rigged the primary election in favor of failed presidential candidate Hillary R. Clinton.
“Former Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich was in contact with Wikileaks, according to a federal investigator who saw information on the case in the hours after Rich’s murder. Rich was killed four days after the Justice Department closed its Hillary Clinton email investigation and twelve days before Wikileaks released the contents of the DNC’s emails showing that the party colluded with the Clinton campaign to deny Bernie Sanders the nomination.”
BLP Passage Ends.
In any case, yesterday’s federal court ruling against “Russian collusion” conspiracy theorists is a step in the right direction in the clearing the good name of the President and his associates who have been wrongly slandered for nearly two years.