WHO Now Claims Monkeypox Is A ‘Global Health Emergency’

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus cited new modes of transmission as areas of concern in his official statement. (AFP via Getty Images)

Are we on the verge of seeing global pandemic response part two? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which previously said Americans should wear a mask to prevent the typically sexually transmitted monkeypox, and especially the World Health Organization, seem to think it could at least be possible. The monkeypox virus has been spreading around the globe, with a current reported total of 16,000 reported cases of the illness in 75 countries as well as five deaths related to the disease worldwide.

Changing course from an announcement earlier this month, the WHO moved on Saturday to declare the monkeypox virus a ‘global health emergency.’

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus explained that men engaging in homosexual behavior are responsible for the vast majority of monkeypox transmission.

“For the moment this is an outbreak that is concentrated among men who have sex with men, especially those with multiple sexual partners,” Tedros explained. “That means that this is an outbreak that can be stopped with the right strategies in the right groups.”

According to the New York Post, US officials are concerned monkeypox could become a sexually transmitted disease that is no less common than gonorrhea, herpes or HIV.

“We have an outbreak that has spread around the world rapidly, through new modes of transmission, about which we understand too little,” Tedros said of the WHO announcement. “For all of these reasons, I have decided that the global monkeypox outbreak represents a public health emergency of international concern.”

A previous report by Big League Politics covered New York’s monkeypox inoculation sites, which began opening around the state in July. 95% of people testing positive for monkeypox are men, according to a report by CBS New York. The other 5% apparently identified as “trans, gender non-conforming or non-binary,” implying the possibility that the virus is only afflicting men regardless of their claimed sexuality.

The CDC has advised Americans on how to deal with monkeypox, kindly providing advice on how one can engage in sexual intercourse with another partner whilst infected. A couple of key recommendations provided by the public health “experts” are for the infectee and their lover to wash their “fetish gear” and “masturbate together at a distance of at least 6 feet.”

Support Big League Politics by making a donation today. You can also donate via PayPalVenmo or donate crypto. Your support helps us take on the powerful and report the truth that the mainstream media wants to silence. 

Our Latest Articles